The main purpose of driver education is to help you learn the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed for greater safety as an operator of an automobile and as a pedestrian.
Driver’s Education teaches students:
- The rules and regulations of California roadways.
- How to handle and operate a motor vehicle.
- To develop their skills in preparation to become a confident and safe driver.
Driver’s education and behind the wheel training:
- Gives students the information and skills to drive an automobile and prevent crashes. Trains drivers how to handle hazardous situations that arise while operating a motor vehicle.
- Driver’s education reduces the possibility of costly, injurious and sometime deadly crashes. It also reduces a family’s auto and home insurance costs.