Frequently Asked Questions
Varsity Driving Academy COVID-19 Protocols
Varsity Driving Academy COVID-19 Protocols (Downloadable PDF Version)
- Any employee/driving instructor has been told to stay home if they are feeling sick in anyway.
- Each driving instructor has been educated to avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth and to wash their hands as much as possible.
- All driving instructors will wear a mask while instructing students until further notice.
- All students must wear a facemask while in our vehicle and on a driving lesson.
- All vehicles are supplied with disposable gloves, disinfecting wipes and disinfecting spray. Each instructor will be wiping/disinfecting the vehicle between lessons.
- All vehicles have a barrier between the driver and passenger seat for added protection and safety during behind the wheel lessons.
- All instructors are told to practice social distancing as much as possible including conversations with parents before and after lessons.
- Varsity will take the temperature of every employee/instructor each day they work to confirm that do not have a temperature of over 100.4 which would indicate a fever.
- All customers must review and accept the COVID-19 Liability Waiver.
Are you licensed by the California Department of Motor Vehicles?
Who needs a permit to take behind the wheel lessons?
Everyone. Children and adults, regardless of age, need a permit to take lessons.
How long in advance do I need to call to make a behind the wheel appointment?
Do you ever have two or more students in the vehicle at the same time like some other schools?
Do the instructor and student take any breaks during a two hour session?
How old are your vehicles?
All of our vehicles are new. We train in 2013 and newer four door Hyundai Elantra & Accents. Click here to check out the vehicles and the safety of these vehicles.
What if I lose or misplace my permit? Can I still take my behind-the-wheel lesson with VDA?
Do you charge a cancellation fee?
How can I arrange for behind-the-wheel driver's instruction?
Can I take the required 6 hours of driving lessons in my parent's car?
Do I have to sign-up for driver's education classes before I take behind-the-wheel instruction?
What is your recommendation with length between lessons?
Each lesson is strategically scheduled so the instructor can teach new criteria every time you come for a lesson and reinforce habits that create safe and defensive drivers. Scheduling the lessons this way also creates a team effort between parents and our instructors who have all been extensively trained and are DMV certified. The practice that is done by the student (and highly recommended) between our three lessons is crucial to the success of the student.
We do pick up and drop off from your school, work, or home. Varsity Driving Academy will never have hidden or surprise charges. Everything is included in the package price.
What are your requirements for hiring instructors?
Once I complete the online drivers education course do I need to do anything else to prepare for the DMV written test to obtain my permit?
Do I need a certificate to take to the DMV for the written test? What about the behind the wheel test?
You can read more about this on our website HERE, but the answer is YES to both. You will need an original “pink certificate” before taking the written test and you will need an original “gold” certificate to be able to take the the behind the wheel test. Our office issues both of these and since they are original can not be emailed.