Varsity Driving Academy Covid-19 Liability Waiver and Protocols
Varsity Driving Academy Covid-19 Protocols
- Any employee/driving instructor has been told to stay home if they are feeling sick in any way.
- Each driving instructor has been educated to avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth and to wash their hands as much as possible.
- All driving instructors will wear a mask while instructing students until further notice.
- All students must wear a facemask while in our vehicle and on a driving lesson.
- All vehicles are supplied with disposable gloves, disinfecting wipes, and disinfecting spray. Each instructor will be wiping/disinfecting the vehicle between lessons.
- All instructors are told to practice social distancing as much as possible including conversations with parents before and after lessons.
- Varsity will take the temperature of every employee/instructor each day they work to confirm that do not have a temperature of over 100.4 which would indicate a fever.
Varsity Driving Academy Covid-19 Liability Waiver
We will be doing everything we possibly can to ensure the safety of our students and instructors. However, there is still a lot to learn about this virus and the overall situation. News is constantly changing and that brings a bit of uncertainty to the overall situation. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will not become infected while in our vehicles or with our instructors. Therefore, we must ask that you sign a waiver. This waiver ensures that you are voluntarily signing up for and continuing with driver training with Varsity Driving Academy. You can find the waiver below.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Varsity Driving Academy (“Varsity”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Varsity cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with the COVID-19. Further, driving behind the wheel could increase you risk and your child(ren) risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending behind the wheel lessons and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Varsity may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of “Varsity” driving instructors and others, including, but not limited to, Varsity’s employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at Varsity or participation in Varsity’s behind the wheel lessons (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Varsity, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expense of any kind arising out of or relations thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes and Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Varsity, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infections occurs before, during, or after participation in behind the wheel lessons with Varsity Driving Academy.